BEST GRAVEL SPIN BIKE
If you are a fitness buff or you go to the gym regularly, you would have definitely seen those stationary bikes in action. “Spin” bikes as we like to call them have been around for quite a while and have helped many people cycle for miles without having to actually go outside. Think about the time you would save if you had one of these spin bikes at home. No more commuting to the gym and back every day, hoping the spin bike will be available for use when you arrive or having to deal with sweating in public. Luckily, there’s a myriad of options out there, whether you are looking for the best gravel spin bike, best magnetic spin bike, best affordable spin bike, best budget spin bike, best indoor spin bike, best home spin bike, belt drive spin bike, or best spin bike under 500, you are sure to find a perfect fit. In this article, I will be showing you some of the best spin bikes for home use, stick around. But before that, let’s answer the popular question of what do the words ‘spin’ and ‘spinning’ have to do with bikes and indoor biking?
The words ‘Spinning ‘, ‘Spin’ and ‘Spinner’ as we know it today was trademarked by a company called Mad Dogg Athletics in 1993 and has since been used to describe the activity of biking indoors. Just the same way ‘Kleenex’ is used to refer to tissues irrespective of brand.
Benefits of Indoor Cycling
- Indoor cycling or spinning is one of the best cardio exercises you could ever do. If you are able to put in around 30 minutes each day, your health will see a significant boost.
- Depending on how long you spend cycling, you can burn a lot of calories, up to 1500 calories per session.
- Indoor biking does save you money. Having a spin bike means you won’t have to pay gym fees, bus fares or spend on gas for your car in getting to the gym. The money you save can be put to other meaningful projects.
Without further ado, let’s dive in. Here are the best spin bikes 2020.
All the spinning you would ever need can be gotten in a compact, and affordable package. Are you new to indoor biking or still trying to figure out your workout regimen, the Ultrasport f-bike is a good starting point. It is foldable and comes with features that help you monitor your body and performance. Spinning has never been simpler.
- It is foldable so storage is a breeze.
- Up to 8 levels of resistance.
- It tracks your progress and there is a heart rate sensor embedded in the handlebars. You can see important metrics on the LCD display.
- The seat can be uncomfortable and too high for some.
- The resistance levels may not be ‘resistant enough’ for more experienced users.
2. F-Bike with Backrest.
This pretty much like the regular Ultrasport F-bike but adds the luxury of a backrest. It affords you the ability to rest your back and still get your workout done. The Ultrasport f-bike is indeed a benchmark in the world of indoor biking. It is one of the most positively reviewed products in this category and maintains its reputation of simplicity, reliability and affordability year after year. If you want the best spin bike for home use and don’t want a backrest, go with the regular model, but if you want one with a backrest, this is the model to go for. What blows my mind the most though is how affordable it is. For only around $130, you get all the spin bikes you could ever want and then some. This is the best cheap spin bike
3. Sportstech SX500 Indoor Cycle Review.
Top-of-the-line performance on a reasonable budget is what the Sportstech SX500 is about. It is designed by world-class German engineers to exude quality. This spin bike gives you the ability to set any resistance level you desire; something pro riders will appreciate. The SX500 may not be light and foldable but it sure makes up for it in technology and durability. You can adjust the bike to suit your body for the optimum riding experience. Nothing delivers as much bang for buck in the sub $1000 category as the SX500. You get an RPM computer, Bluetooth and app connectivity, SPD pedals and much more.
- Feature-packed. It has Bluetooth connectivity which allows you save your workout stats to your phone via an app.
- You can pedal with normal gym shoes or proper spinning shoes, you choose.
- Highly adjustable.
- A little bit on the heavier side.
- The friction resistance mechanism on this bike will require maintenance from time to time.
4. HLEZ Ultra Silent Spin Bike
One of the most advantageous benefits of belt-driven bikes is the ability to be super quiet. You can get your workout done even at night without the risk of disturbing your neighbors or waking up your partner and kids. The Ultra silent bike from HLEZ is equipped with all the goodies you could ever need from a high-end spin bike. It is infinitely adjustable to suit your needs. You get adjustable armrests, seats, and handlebars. The belt-driven design is easy to maintain, and can easily be replaced.
For those who can afford it, this bike will deliver a premium vibe that will keep you coming back for more.
- Adjustable handlebars.
- Easily adjustable and easy to move around.
- A little bit on the expensive side.
5.CARE FITNESS Racer XPR Electronique
The feel of a real bike and state-of-the-art technology comes together perfectly in the CARE FITNESS Racer XPR Electronique. This spin bike is ultra-quiet and is set up to mimic the riding position and feel of a real bike. The tech on board helps you to get the most out of your workout, you get to see the distance covered, speed, calories burnt, duration of the session and lots more. you can even extend the monitoring capabilities of the bike via a chest belt. This bike is extremely durable and will last for years on end.
For those in the market for a feature-rich spin bike with the feel of a real bike that is adjustable and very affordable, CARE FITNESS Racer XPR Electronique has got you covered. It really doesn’t get better than this.
- Handlebars and saddle are easily adjustable.
- Quite affordable for what it is.
- Limited to users that weigh up to 150kg.
- A little bit on the heavy side and lacks the ability to be folded or easily moved.
6.Proform Biking Power 10.0
If you are interested in having your personal fitness instructor without having to actually hire a fitness instructor, this is the bike for you. You get access to over 400 pre-recorded fitness programs. You can select any that suits you and progress at your own pace. All delivered via an amazing 10” HD screen.
This bike features 22 levels of pressure sensitivity, is infinitely adjustable and comes with a lot of features. The ability to access personalized fitness lessons from the comfort of your home sets this bike apart from the rest.
- Excellent value for money. It comes bundled with a one-year subscription for coaching and training videos.
- A wide variety of lessons to choose from. You even get lessons for other forms of exercise like yoga.
- You get a 10” smart HD touchscreen that can swivel in virtually any direction.
- The screen could be bigger, especially when compared to other similar models.
- The ifit subscription is free for a year, but after one year, you bear the cost.
- Quite pricey.
7.Sportstech SX600 Flat Bike
The SX600 is an upgrade to the SX500 and boy ‘o’ boy does it step things up a notch. The SX600 is one of the best commercial spin bikes for sale. It is solid and reliable enough for gym use. The SX600 comes with a 7” android powered display that gives you access to training videos and other valuable content. The belt drive system and magnetic resistance system combine to make this spin bike one of the quietest and smoothest spin bikes ever.
The SX600 is also an adjustability champ. The seat and handlebars can be adjusted to suit individuals of various sizes. If you need a machine that will grow with you and help you grow by providing you with lessons (paid subscription), look no further.
- Bluetooth connectivity.
- A well-lit display that lets you workout at any time of the day.
- Access to extra training resources.
- You need to buy a chest strap to access all the features of the bike.
- It might seem a little picky, but there is no water bottle holder.
- There isn’t a touchscreen.
8.Nordic Track s10i Exercise Bicycle
Exercising or spinning in this case, doesn’t have to be boring and predictable. Every day can be a new and fresh experience. That’s the luxury the NordicTrack s10i spin bike provides. It comes with the iFit Coach app which gives you access to new coaching videos on a daily basis. All through a 10” display.
This bike has 22 levels of resistance; pretty great for a majority of users. This bike can also support up to 350lbs. Bringing freshness into your exercise routine may be all you need to take you to the next level
- 10” HD touchscreen.
- Access to cycling classes.
- Compact steel frame.
- The saddle is both vertically and horizontally adjustable.
- Nordic Track is known for its not-so-stellar customer service.
- Not easy to assemble.
- Not competitively priced.
9.NordicTrack New Commercial 1750 Treadmill
Yes, I know this isn’t a spin bike, but if you are already taking a look at spin bikes, why not also consider treadmills, especially one as awesome as the NordicTrack Commercial 1750 Treadmill. Although this may be the entry-level model in the NordicTrack commercial series of treadmills, it has all the features you would ever need as a beginner. It may be on the expensive side but trust me, it is worth it.
- Power incline and decline.
- Large running surface area.
- Bluetooth capability for heart rate monitoring and audio playback.
- Heavy; weighs about 315lbs.
- Slow customer support.
10. MJ Sports Indoor spin Bike
Going for lesser-known brands can be quite a bargain. You get superior quality at affordable prices. The MJ Spin bike delivers all the essentials; enough for anyone just getting into spinning or for veterans who want a reliable and simple experience.
- Smooth and Quiet.
- Elbow support.
- This is a johnny g spin bike
- This is the best spin bikes 2019
- Customer support isn’t great.
11. Ultrasport F-Rider
This one is a little bit different. It provides whole-body training. You can do ab training, and other workout exercises for your arms, legs, back and upper body. Give it a shot.
Making the Right Choice
When it comes to choosing the best indoor spin bike, there are some factors you need to consider. Here are a few to consider when making your purchase decision.
The On-Board Computer: These monitors relevant data on your session. The RPM, distance covered, pedaling time, resistance level and so on. These computers help keep track of your progress. If you want to get the most out of your workout, I would suggest you go for an indoor bike with an on-board computer.
The level of adjustability: The handlebars, pedals, and saddle should all be adjustable to suit the body of the user. The more comfortable you are when you exercise, the more likely you are to keep on exercising. So, go with something that can fit your body.
Resistance Levels: Multiple resistance levels make it possible to ramp up the difficulty as you become stronger. The mechanism may not be so important but the number of levels is. Many levels of resistance mean that you can have a more nuanced workout session.
The Ultrasport F series is perfect for beginners, they are small, foldable and compact plus they have got all the amenities you could ever want. The Sportstech series is a step up. The SX500 and SX600 are suitable for those intermediate spinners starting to take their spinning seriously. It has extra features like Bluetooth connectivity and access to training resources. The NordicTrack spin bikes are durability champs, great for commercial use and would last a lifetime for home use.